Friday, November 11, 2011

Guide to Creating Your Daily Skin-Care Routine . . .



Hi dolls! So recently I wrote a post on how to create your perfect hair routine and I decided that I should also do a guide helping you to create a daily skin care routine that is so easy you wont have a problem following it everyday. The benefits to following a skin care routine are endless! Not only will you look healthier, and make your makeup look better but you will also age better. My mom, aunts, and both grandmothers are proof of this. They all follow their own personal skin care routine and they look great! It might also be genetics since both sides of my family age well but I'm sure having a skin care routine made a difference on how they look. Regardless though my mother taugth me the importance of taking care of my skin ever since I was 13. At the time I payed no attention because I was young and what could possibly happen to my flawless skin? Well as it turned out alot! Because thanks to genetics I suffer from big pores and when I was 13 I had a huge acne problem in which left me with acne scars for life. Which is why I now take my mothers advice and have been taking care of my skin to protect what good I still have. Just how in the "Guide to Creating Your Perfect Hair Routine" I stated that you should take the time to look for the appropriate hair products that go with your hair type,  you should also take the time to find products that go with your skin type (normal, dry, oily, combination).

My daily skin care routine
Step 1: Cleanse
Once you have determined your skin type and found the right cleanser (it can be a bar or liquid, it doesn't matter) go ahead at wash your face with it and pat dry. This is to wash of dirt, grime dirt and leftover makeup residue from the day and aids the cell renewal process.
Step 2: Toner
After you pat dry your face you will take some of your toner in a cotton ball or cotton pad and wipe all over your face. The toner helps to minimize the look of pores, improves your skins texture and to wipe off the remaing dirt from washing your face.
Step 3: Moisturizer
As for you final step all you have to do is to moisturize your face and neck. This will keep your skin hydrated and soft.

Things to remember:
Along with following your routine daily they are also a number of thing you should not forget.

  • Washing your face isn't enough to take off your makeup so take of your make up with makeup remover every night, no matter how tired you are.
  • Try to do your routine twice a day (morning and night), if you do not have time to do it in the morning it is okay. Just make sure to do it every night.
  • Do not forget sun-screen if you are planning to leave your house even if it is cloudy.
  • Trade in your usual face cleanser for an exfoliate scrub every other day to remove dead skin cell.
  • Give yourself a facial once a month for deep-down cleansing.
Also know that you should adjust your skin care routine to your age group, different age groups require different needs. And remember the earlier you start following a skin care routine the more benefits you will see as you get older.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You For Making Me Smile

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...